VMware Communities
BD1
Contributor
Contributor

Port forwarding in Bridge Mode?

Hello, I have done lots of searching on this forum but am still confused. Is it possible to enable port forwarding to/from the guest machine (xp in my case)? If yes, please let me know if I need to do anything special. If no, how can I setup using NAT mode? Again, I have read lots of threads but remain confused. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BD1
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

The subject of your thread is "Port forwarding in Bridge Mode?" and under that guise this is not a Fusion issue because if you're connected as Bridged then you are connected to the Router on your LAN and as such any Port Forwarding to the IP Address assigned to the Guest via the Router will need to be configured and controlled within the Router itself. Now on the other hand if you're running the default Network configuration which is NAT and you want to do Port Forwarding to a NATed Guest then you should be able to glean the information you need by reading my reply in .

Note that the linked reply has nothing to do with the subject of that thread but address a different question raised in the linked thread dealing with port forwarding.

0 Kudos
BD1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Woody. This is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos