VMware Communities
lorne1
Contributor
Contributor

Please need help to resize virtual machine hard disk space

I have resized my machine based on the help guide seems straight forward. however when I start my VM it still gives me low disk error and only shows 8gb total and 327mb free. i set the slider to 146gb working on New Imac with 1TB in it. in setting it shows the hard disk set to 146gb but it must not be getting recognized?

Any help greatly appreciated I have spent too much time installing programs to start over. especially since i do not know why it will not work.

best Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Remember that just resizing does not mean that the O/S will be able to use it - dpending on the operating system in the VM will determine how you need to increase the [artition on the virtual disk -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
DLeid
Expert
Expert

Its better to use vmware converter's disk resize option to resize vms these days. Run the converter on your vm and choose the disk size desired.

If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to Fusion forum.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

See this guide from the documents page for help on this.

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

AutoProtect will also go through a ton of disk space in a short period of time if not managed carefully... Is it enabled?

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos