Contributor

Please delete.

delete me

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

We'll probably need your Windows VM's vmware.log files at a minimum to definitively see what's going on, you can get that info from .

In the meantime you could try to reset your copied VM's permissions in the Finder. With the VM not running, locate the VM's bundle (e.g. Documents > Virtual Machines > MyWindows), use Get Info from the Finder's File menu on the VM bundle, remove ".vmwarevm" from name & extension, confirm removal to transform the bundle back to a regular file-folder. Use Get Info again on the VM folder and click the lock icon to enable permissions changes. The permissions should be read/write for "me" and read for "everyone", use the drop-down to click "apply to enclosed items". Next, re-add ".vmwarevm" to name & extension to make the folder a VM bundle again.

Normally I would recommend attempting to remove and re-add the disk from the VM settings but you have active snapshots, so that's not a good idea.

Also, how full is your MacBook Pro's disk? I won't assume it's new and has lots of free space because it's possible you may have a nearly full disk and copying the VM may have fragmented the large VM files to where disk performance becomes an issue (doubtful but possible).

If the permissions tweak doesn't change anything, carry on with posting the vmware.log files from the help document above.

0 Kudos
macbaba
Contributor
Contributor

The backup I restored from was possible corrupt. After copying over the VM from another backup drive, it seems to work now.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

If I delete your original posting, the answer that might help someone else gets deleted too. There's no harm in keeping your original question here for others, so you didn't have to change it to "delete me". How do you think the forums build up useful content? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos