fabriziogiudici
Contributor
Contributor

Player Version 12.1.2, macOS BigSur 11.5.1: Bridged Network Adapter malfunctioning (data corruption)

Hello.

With Player Version 12.1.2 + macOS BigSur 11.5.1 the bridge Network Adapter (Autodetect) is malfunctioning. While it apparently works, in the sense that connections are established, whenever a download is with a secure transport is initiated from the guest (e.g. apt install or docker pull), encryption errors are notified. Basically, when exchanging large files, data corruption seems to occur.

By switching the network mode to NAT (Share with my Mac) works fine.

It seems the same problem described in https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/Kali-Linux-apt-update-returns-Hash-Sum-m...

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gringley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you only have a Wi-Fi interface on your Mac then switching to NAT is the only thing you can do.  Bridged networking for Wi-Fi has been broken in 12.0 for quite some time.

0 Kudos
fabriziogiudici
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Ok, but this is not acceptable. For some kind of activities having a separate IP address is required (e.g. when running multiple virtual machines in a cluster). Is VMWare aware of this? Is there an open issue? I saw that a number of people is experimenting this problem.

0 Kudos