VMware Communities
Martin_Skaggs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Photoshop Elements 6 problem running as guest?

I have Windows XP Professional installed as a virtual file machine with Fusion (I'm not using Boot Camp). I installed Photoshop Elements 6 on the virtual machine and it runs without problems. However, when I try to open shared VM folders from my MacBook hard drive (specifically the iPhoto library) the jpg photos I import into Elements look like they are low res images (slightly pixelated) instead of the way they normally look when viewed with iPhoto viewer on the Mac. The jpg photos I have stored on my Windows XP virtual machine also look OK. I suppose I could transfer the jpg files to my Windows XP virtual machine "hard drive" first and then open them with Elements. However, this wastes disk space by duplicating the files in addition to adding extra steps when moving edited files back and forth.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rjcchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You may be accessing the thumbnails in the iPhoto library instead of the original image.

and a word of unasked for advice Smiley Happy -- it is a bad idea to access the iPhoto library without using iPhoto. The library will get corrupted that way. It is bettr to export a copy of the image from iPhoto into your shared folder and access it from there. That is what I did wwhen I was using Elements 6 and I did not encounter the problem you are having.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rjcchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You may be accessing the thumbnails in the iPhoto library instead of the original image.

and a word of unasked for advice Smiley Happy -- it is a bad idea to access the iPhoto library without using iPhoto. The library will get corrupted that way. It is bettr to export a copy of the image from iPhoto into your shared folder and access it from there. That is what I did wwhen I was using Elements 6 and I did not encounter the problem you are having.

0 Kudos
Martin_Skaggs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks, for the help. I was accessing the thumbnails and not the Originals folder.

also thanks for the other advice as well

Martin

0 Kudos