VMware Communities
tallLeRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Personal use license for Fusion 13 player

I am caught in a loop trying to install the release of Fusion 13 on my M1 Mac mini. I have a personal use license that I got for the tech preview that does not work. 

I have selected "Get a Free License Key" on the license dialog. It opens a new BLANK page in Safari, or Chrome. Making it difficult to obtain a license.

Suggestions please,

LeRoy 

Tags (1)
86 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

The TP didn't need a license it came with one, so that's why that one doesn't work.

For the other, use a clean browser - no plugins, adblock, popup block, etc, in a private or incognito window.

0 Kudos
Mojo2
Contributor
Contributor

Don't seem to work, have try chrome, firefox and safari. Register version 13 license and key are broken, can't get pass register screen, it's with clean browser session without adblock.

Mojo2
Contributor
Contributor

Fill the registration form and check "agree term and condition", then click "Start Free Trial", nothing happen. Safari, chrome and firefox without adblock, nothing happen. Bummer !!! At least VirtualBox 7 is still free, inferior solution in comparison but free, and don't need to jump through hoops 😄

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/account-registration?source=evap&p=fusion-player-personal-13&logg...

tallLeRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting update....

I can see a page at the "Get a Free License Key" link until I sign in. Then the page is blank.

tallLeRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Another update, I was able to get a license by refreshing the blank page. So it is possible. 

BTW Disappointment at not having a shared clipboard with the Mac. 

0 Kudos
phinsket
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here

taskumalpha
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing: I click on Get Free License Key in VMware-Fusion-13.0.0-20802013_universal.dmg and the page opens in my browser, but it's blank except for the header. What the heck is this?

https://www.vmware.com/go/get-fusionplayer-key

同じです。VMware-Fusion-13.0.0-20802013_universal.dmg の[無償のライセンスキーの取得]をクリックしてブラウザーでページを開きますが、ヘッダー以外は真っ白です。なんだこれ。

0 Kudos
JesperOhlsson
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Tried private window in Safari. Trying to register just gets you a blank page.

TomsCat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here, tried different browsers. No way.

ptrlws
Contributor
Contributor

Same error here! Dev console shows the error to be:

{
"errorCode": "VMW-USER-018",
"errorSummary": "Eval Service Exception",
"errorMessage": "Error occurred to fetch eval programs"
}
0 Kudos
TomsCat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I wonder isn't there a way to contact vmware directly?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RianGray
Contributor
Contributor

Chiming in as well. I get the same error code as the thread says, so I'm guessing the problem is on VMware's end?

0 Kudos
geozeke
Contributor
Contributor

Helping to keep this bumped. Having the same issue trying to register for a free license.

Kottu
Contributor
Contributor

I think it is very ugly method to say that some product is free but the developers makes it too difficult for the user to get it. I have registered the first step (twice) but can't register the product. That's strange. Most of the programs I use were freeware to begin with. When I see that a product full fill my needs and I come to a conclusion that it's worth paying for it, I do it. So having a free version without being reminded every half an hour to purchase the product like a trial version does seems a descent way. Unfortunately VM ware don't want to you to do that. So, they are not better than Parallels at all. 

Skärmavbild 2022-11-19 kl. 14.49.50.png

Contributor
Contributor

I can't agree more.
0 Kudos
zssfred
Contributor
Contributor

+1

0 Kudos
IamTechie
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for me too as well.

0 Kudos
Kizx991
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found a way to register the product?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Let's take a step back on this folks. Yes, there appears to be a glitch in the process to get a personal use license. It's working for some, and not working for others (I was able to sign up for the personal use license without issue). 

I understand the frustration, but I would not characterize this as "Vmware doesn't want you to use the personal use license". Otherwise, why would they promote the fact that you can get one? And even the product manager from Fusion touts this?.

I would prefer that Fusion Player behaved like Workstation Player - you don't install a license, it's assumed it's Player for personal use. But that's not my decision. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides