VMware Communities
s0c00b0
Contributor
Contributor

Personal license key not working

I downloaded VMWare Fusion 13 on M2 macbook and registered for a license key, and I got the email. But the key isn't showing up in my evaluations and when I enter it into the application, the application tells me the key is invalid.

What can I do to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Double check that you registered for and received a Fusion 13 personal license key, not a Fusion 12 key. Fusion 12 licenses will not work on Fusion 13.

Also check that you've not mistyped a character in the key, For example typing lower case 'l' instead of number 1, or letter 'O' instead of number '0'.

License keys for Personal Use licenses will not appear in your VMware Customer Connect portal under Managed Licenses. If you go back to the page where you registered for the product, you should see your license there:

Technogeezer_2-1670209554860.png

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
upnordown
Contributor
Contributor

@TechnogeezerSame issue here. I copied the key, but unfortunately it tells me it is not a valid key. Any recommendations?

0 Kudos
newkey74
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here too

0 Kudos
JPz21
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here - exactly as screenshots above. Webpage says "You are registered for this product" but the licence shown is a Fusion 12 licence. There's no way I can see to rerquest a v13 licence.

Please VMWare, sort out your website so I can request a v13 licence!

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
PaulVanDerZwan
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

Copied/pasted the key shown on my page but it's not accepted.

0 Kudos
jtyler09
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this issue too. Tried copy/pasting and typing in. Same result. Using the key off the same page as seen in Technogeezer's screenshot

0 Kudos
jtyler09
Contributor
Contributor

This issue seems to be resolved as of 12/7/22. I'm now able to request a key for Fusion 13. Thanks!

0 Kudos
loksa1
Contributor
Contributor

I have opposite problem, I got a Fusion13 license key but need a Fusion12 license key. How can I get one?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Here’s a link to a “hidden” VMware site where you can get a fusion 12 personal use license. 

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos