VMware Communities
videren
Contributor
Contributor

Parallels shortcuts still showing

I started trying Parallels, but want to switch to VMWare Fusion. I uninstalled Parallels, and deleted the files related to that Windows 7 machine. After that, I installed Fusion and installed another Windows 7 machine. Now, I am having problems with Parallels shortcuts showing up in Spotlight and when I try to start them, I get the message "This Windows app cannot be started because Parallels Desktop was not found" of course. How can I delete these old references and get the Fusion shortcuts instead?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

On would think that if one was having an issue directly related to and cause by Parallels that one would go to the Parallels Support Forum to find a resolution to a Parallels issue! Smiley Wink

You can try the following command in a Terminal and then after the command finishes running reboot the Mac.

Copy and paste the following command, as is, into a Terminal and press Enter.

LSR="`mdfind lsregister | grep lsregister`"; "$LSR" -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

This will rebuild the Launch Services Database and purge it of stale information.

0 Kudos
videren
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, one would think so, wouldn't one? Smiley Wink But the thing is, Fusion has not created anything that gives me results when using/searching with Spotlight, so the problem is at least part Fusion Smiley Wink

Thanks for answering anyway.

0 Kudos