VMware Communities
ChrisS99
Contributor
Contributor

Palm Centro won't Hotsync

Hi All,

Noob here, to both Mac & Fusion, so please be kind!

New iMac, 12G ram

New installation of VMWare Fusion 3.1.3

Fresh guest OS installation of Windows XP Pro

Installed Palm Desktop, OK apart from one complaint it made about not begin able to access/create a folder in the shared area. Otherwise, it seems to run OK

Connect Centro, Guest detects device, it appears in Device Manager as happy.

Press 'sync' button on Centro cable....nothing. Fails to connect to guest OS.

Have tried a few of the tips I found here but no change.

Other USB devices work fine - HDD & memory sticks so far.

Next challenge is going to be a USB interface for an R/C helicopter flight simulator........

Would appreciate any thoughts - don't really want to buy 'Missing Sync' as all I really need is to be able to backup the Centro from time to time.

TIA

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisS99
Contributor
Contributor

Well, there's odd....

Being the stuborn type, I kept trying various things. Already tried turning off USB2 support for the VM, but tried it again, and by chance, happened to connect the Centro via a cheap USB hub I have plugged in to the Mac...and it worked. Sync all good apart from failing to back up the PmTraceDatabase file, which, IIRC, it always used to moan about.

Further oddness...wanted to use a different socket on the USB hub simply for convenience of cable runs...but again, won't play ball.  I'm not going to fight it!  If it works in one particluar socket on a cheap Belkin USB hub, fine, that'll do for me.

Next problem is the R/C simulator I mentioned...tried that, similar symptoms really, drivers install fine in Windows, DM says it's happy, yet the program can't see the interface.

One step closer to being happy with the setup....

TFL

0 Kudos
ChrisS99
Contributor
Contributor

Well, took the Fusion 4 upgrade and now the R/C simulator interface works as well - result.  Did nothing other than the upgrade, plugged it in, works.

Happy days.

0 Kudos