VMware Communities
bjmckay
Contributor
Contributor

Outlook will not connect remotely to server

I have VMware fusion running on my MacBook Pro, and I've had significant problems getting my Outlook to connect to my company's server when I'm remote. It works fine when I'm on the wifi in the office, but never when I'm on a different wifi. It seems to reject, or at least not accept, the security certificate that is necessary to allow remote access.

Any ideas that can remedy this problem will be a life saver. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I have VMware fusion running on my MacBook Pro, and I've had significant problems getting my Outlook to connect to my company's server when I'm remote. It works fine when I'm on the wifi in the office, but never when I'm on a different wifi. It seems to reject, or at least not accept, the security certificate that is necessary to allow remote access.

Any ideas that can remedy this problem will be a life saver. Thank you.

Most Wifi hotspots require you to sign in and accept a EULA (or login to a pay account). This requires starting a browser and you'll be directed to a page with instructions. If you're using Bridged networking you'll have to do this in the guest VM itself as well as it acquires an independent IP from the access point, separate from the Mac OS X host.

I get those certificate warnings all the time on my iPhone at hot spots until I'm properly signed on.

0 Kudos