VMware Communities
rngrddy
Contributor
Contributor

Operating System not Found MAcOS

Hi, I am trying to install and run VMWare on my Macbook pro. I am getting Operating System Not Found error.

Please see the screen shot.

I am a beginner and any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
niyijr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @rngrddy 

From the screenshot, it seems you are trying to install and run the Windows 10 guest operating system on your Macbook using VMware Fusion. Is this correct?

If yes, then this may be the wrong forum. I've reported your thread to the moderators asking them to move it here - https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion/ct-p/3005-home. You can also check out this area for content relating to your issue.

To address your issue, the error message you are seeing is because there is no operating system installed on the virtual disk from which the machine is trying to boot from.

If you want to install Windows 10, then you need to insert the ISO installation image of Windows 10. The virtual machine will boot from this image and will allow you to instal the operating system. Check out this link for a guide on performing this task.

Cheers

VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need to boot the VM from Windows 10 installation media, such as an ISO image connected to the VM CD/DVD drive - the virtual equivalent of you booting a laptop from an installation disc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos