VMware Communities
Tabascocat
Contributor
Contributor

Opening MS Access database

I recently installed a MS Access run-time program and cannot seem to load the database file into the program. I have copied the database file (.mdb) to the desktop, a documents folder, the program directory, and even tried from DropBox -- all to no avail. I go through the proper procedure to load the database file and the program says it has loaded, but when I go to look at the data, it is not there. This software only works in Windows. Are there any things I must take into account when working with a database while running Fusion?

Tabascocat

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Generally speaking working with an Access database in a Virtual Machine should be no different then a Physical Machine however it would be more helpful if you had included what version of Windows the Guest OS is and what version of Microsoft Access Runtime you installed! Smiley Wink  That way one of us can see if we can replicate the issue.

0 Kudos
Tabascocat
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running Windows 8. And I made a mistake about the Access runtime. The program runs Visual Basic 6 and uses the "Jet Engine" (database reader/writer) from that version of VB.

tabascocat

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Personally, I would have taken the time to install and test to see if I got the same results as you however it still isn't clear exactly what you installed, from where you acquired it, etc.  Did you install VB6 or just a VB6 Application, was it installed via a proper Setup Installer,  or what other executable were run as a part of this scenario, etc.!  Without knowing explicitly and specifically what you installed and from where you acquired what you installed there is not much I can test against! Smiley Wink  So...  Since you have not supplied adequate information to test against your issue and I really do not see this as a VMware issue and is a Microsoft End User Software Issue, I'd suggest you turn to Microsoft and Microsoft resources to help you with you Microsoft software issue.

0 Kudos