VMware Communities
LarsGJ
Contributor
Contributor

Open pdfs in Acrobat for Mac?

Is it possible to open pdfs in Acrobat for Mac?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MacsRule
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

LarsGJ wrote:

Is it possible to open pdfs in Acrobat for Mac?

Yes, or you could use Adobe Reader for Mac, which is free. Or you could use Apple's Preview.

But I don't think that's what you're asking.

0 Kudos
LarsGJ
Contributor
Contributor

pdfs from Windows to open in Acrobat for Mac

0 Kudos
MacsRule
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Wouldn't it be easier to simply install Adobe Reader in Windows?

0 Kudos
LarsGJ
Contributor
Contributor

No. Acrobat pro with plugins in a Mac environment. Got a Windows application wich opens pdfs. I need them to open on the Mac.

0 Kudos
MacsRule
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

LarsGJ wrote:

No. Acrobat pro with plugins in a Mac environment. Got a Windows application wich opens pdfs. I need them to open on the Mac.

OK, in that case, copying from the Fusion 5 Help file:

"When you select a file in your virtual machine, you can open it with the appropriate application on your Mac.

Prerequisites

Verify that the following conditions are met:

■You turned on Shared Folders in the Sharing panel of the virtual machine Settings window.

■You enabled Open your Windows files and web links using Mac applications in the Default Applications panel of the Settings window.

■You selected a folder or folders to share.

■The file to open is located in one of the shared folders.

Procedure

■To open a file one time, right-click the file, select Open With and select Default Host Application.

VMware Fusion determines the appropriate application on the Mac and uses that application to open the file.

■To always open a particular file with the Mac application, right-click the file, select Properties, click Change for Opens With, and select Default Host Application in the Open With dialog box.

Whenever you open this file, it opens in the Mac application.

■To always open files of this type with the Mac application, right-click the file, select Open With, select Default Host Application > Choose Program, and select Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

VMware Fusion determines the appropriate application on the Mac and uses that application whenever you open any file of this type."

Frankly, assuming the plan is to edit the pdf rather than just look at it, I'd just drag the pdf to the Mac's desktop and work on it from there.

0 Kudos
LarsGJ
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Now the problem is that the files are stored in a servers database wich I access through a Windows application. Will I have to turn to Paralells?

0 Kudos
MacsRule
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

LarsGJ wrote:

Thanks. Now the problem is that the files are stored in a servers database wich I access through a Windows application. Will I have to turn to Paralells?

I don't know if Parallels can do any better. But I do know that, within limits, MS Office 2013 and, no doubt 365, can open, edit and save pdfs.

0 Kudos