VMware Communities
Oben
Contributor
Contributor

Official List of non working apps in Fusion Windows XP.

Can we compile a list of software that for one reason or another refuses to work in Fusion virtual machines. I'll add the first:

1: Luxology Modo 301

Message was edited by:

Oben

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DannyD
Contributor
Contributor

IC-PCR1500 Communications Receiver Control software for Windows® 98SE /ME /2000 /XP and Windows Vista™(Ver.2.10)

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/download/index.htm

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If possible, it'd be helpful to include why it doesn't work and/or symptoms and/or testing setup. There's not much we can do about developers explicitly checking for VMware, but if it's a bug, we'd like to fix it.

0 Kudos
rx-sp
Contributor
Contributor

I may or may not be having problems with Office 2003 (see separate thread).

Photoshop 6 complained about a missing DLL file (I didn't jot down details), but then launched perfectly the next time. I've carried this version of Photoshop around with me on the various computers I've owned (prior to owning a Mac), and never seen that error before.

0 Kudos
Oben
Contributor
Contributor

If possible, it'd be helpful to include why it

doesn't work and/or symptoms and/or testing setup.

There's not much we can do about developers

explicitly checking for VMware, but if it's a bug,

we'd like to fix it.

I'm not certain. Program installs fine.

At first I thought it was a memory issue so I upped the memory to the 1 GB the program had in its requirements. Crashes on startup and sends error report to Microsoft.

I became so frustrated I didn't bother to look further. I suspect it is the display adapter requirements that lead to the crash.

0 Kudos
Andreas_Masur
Expert
Expert

I may or may not be having problems with Office 2003

(see separate thread).

Could you include the link to the separate thread? Thanks.

Ciao, Andreas

0 Kudos