VMware Communities
OxkAMam
Contributor
Contributor

Office 2013: Unable to keep activated when switching between BootCamp native and Fusion BootCamp VM

Running Windows 8.1.1 x64 natively on MacBook Pro and also via BootCamp VM with Fusion Pro 6.0.3

I followed the steps of activating Windows and Office natively through BootCamp, then rebooted into OS X and booted the Fusion BootCamp VM, logged in as admin and let VMware Tools install (which it did automatically), rebooted VM again and then activated Windows and Office.

When switching between native BootCamp and Fusion BootCamp VM, Windows stays activated, but Office 2013 asks for activation.

Any ideas on how to keep Office 2013 activated when switching between native and VM ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NoGoodNamesLeft
Contributor
Contributor

I am now experiencing the same problem.  Work around it for a while but i'd rather not have to keep booting natively.

Can anyone offer a solution?

0 Kudos
MSPARKS34
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing the same issue as well.  No problem with maintaining windows activation between the VMware fusion VM that uses bootcamp and booting natively off of bootcamp.  However Office 2013 Professional requires re-activation every time I switch between the two.  I've tried re-installation, uninstalling and reinstalling VMware Tools (per KB Article 1026218), recreating the Boot Camp meta data (per KB Article 1026218), even updating Fusion's .vmx file to include SMBIOS.reflectHost = "TRUE" (per KB Article 1004917).  No luck.

0 Kudos
NoGoodNamesLeft
Contributor
Contributor

You've taken it much further than me but I'm a VM noob.  The behaviour is the same for Visio and Project also.  What's most annoying is i only want VM for two reasons and both of them are afflicted by the same licensing activation problem.

0 Kudos