VMware Communities
rmr0808
Contributor
Contributor

Office 07 Registration from Fusion

I am running Fusion from the BootCamp partition. On BootCamp I have installed and registered Office 2007 Professional. It works fine. As of yesterday Office stopped working through Fusion - not registered?? When I attempt to register it via telephone the window disapears.

I really dont want to uninstall and reinstal Office - any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
runclear
Expert
Expert

I guess it would depend on the version your using of office, im not sure what ones would require activation, Myabe all? but this sounds to be the culprit... since it was never activated, it probably just stopped working... I'm not so sure about why the activation window goes away, have you tried to just activate via the internet?

-

-------------------- What the f* is the cloud?!
0 Kudos
rmr0808
Contributor
Contributor

Thats the funny part - it has been activated! And it continues to run on Bootcamp - just not via fusion.

If you attempt to activate via the internet it comes back to say you have exceeded your number of installs.

Office was originally installed on my last computer. It was removed when I purchased my new one, and installed on the new computer.

To activate it I needed to use telephone support and explained it was only on one computer. No problem.

Then yesterday it simply stopped working on Fusion. I am unable to activate it via telephone support because the window just disappears.

It is only installed on one machine.

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

Microsoft requires reactivation of MSOffice 2007 when it detects significant hardware changes, (e.g.: Running Windows in Boot Camp and running the Boot Camp partition as a virtual machine) just like how Windows needs to be reactivated. VMWare included a workaround for the reactivation of Windows when switching, but does not handle the reactivation of any applications, such as MSO2007.

The issue is with Microsoft. You need to either get a volume license for MSO2007, or complain to MS for such inconviniences.

0 Kudos