VMware Communities
bharrisii
Contributor
Contributor

OSX Monterey host network stops when Fusion Pro 12.2.1 is launched

I am not sure when this started happening.  When I launch the Fusion application I lose all networking on the host.  As well the guest OS does not have networking.  When I quit Fusion, all is back to normal.  I am using a wired ethernet connection for the host.  Ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Probably not your issue, but the last time I've seen this type of thing happen (which was years ago) was when a VM was:

- Connected via the Bridged network interface

- Had a fixed IP address set as the same IP address as then host.

You say that you get this issue when you launch VMware Fusion.

Does it happen as soon as you start VMware Fusion or after you start a virtual machine?

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

One other idea - if you're on a corporate network, it's possible that they'll only issue one IP per MAC address.  Using NAT solves that issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bharrisii
Contributor
Contributor

This starts right when I launch Fusion and stops when it is closed.  No VMs are running/suspended/etc.

0 Kudos
bharrisii
Contributor
Contributor

Home network, no restrictions and used to worth flawlessly.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

@bharrisii wrote:

This starts right when I launch Fusion and stops when it is closed.  No VMs are running/suspended/etc.

Yuck, so it is VMware Fusion itself that is misbehaving.
Have you tried a reinstall?

If you tried that.. can you try an older version (12.2.0).. as I've seen people here "solving" issues by going one version back. Far from ideal, but if it gets you back up running, better than nothing I suppose.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos