VMware Communities
colcatsup
Contributor
Contributor

OSX 10.9.2 crash fusion 6.0.x

I've been having a crash on Fusion essentially since I upgraded to Mavericks (which I did to try to deal with a problem that turned out to be hardware).

I've put the crash log here:

http://pastebin.com/hp4cLNsj

I've been unable to use Fusion since about 2 days after I upgraded to Fusion 6, and this is crazy.  There's something wrong in a configuration somewhere, but I've done everything I can think of.

Cleared dlyd cache

Checked/fixed disk permissions

Tried to run in safe mode (still crashed)

When I say 'crashed' i mean 'crashing' on startup - I can't do anything - the UI never even comes up.

Help?  TIA

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstall VMware Fusion?

0 Kudos
colcatsup
Contributor
Contributor

in terms of removing the app from /applications, removing from trash, then reinstalling, yes.  multiple times, with different versions (6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3)

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Run the following command in a Terminal and then attached the support bundle it created on the Desktop.

sudo /Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/VMware\ Fusion\ Problem\ Reporter.tool

Note: Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
colcatsup
Contributor
Contributor

Pasting via the upload here doesn't seem to work (keeps timing out).

http://michaelkimsal.com/vm-05-29-14.5106.zip

That's a link to the file on my dropbox account.

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi colcatsup,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get to this thread.

Have you tried upgrading the host to OS X 10.9.3?

I can't seem to access the support bundle via the link on michaelkimsal.com -- the server is not responding right now, it seems.  Please let me know where/when I might be able to obtain it.

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos