VMware Communities
CBPons
Contributor
Contributor

OS X update 10.8.4 printing problems with VMWare Fusion 4.1.4

Hi,

last Friday I updated from OSX 10.8.3 to 10.8.4. The iMac is connected to an AirPort extreme (1) and a printer (1) too, both by CAT-cables. The Airport extreme (1) is connected to a hub, at which in another office is a second Airport extreme (2),  another iMac (2) and two printers (2&3). One (2) is connected by CAT-Cable to the second Airport extreme (2) and the third printer (3) is connected to the second Airport extreme (2) by USB-cable.

With OSX 10.8.3 I could use all printers in the VM (Windows XP pro, actual with all available updates by MS) running on the iMac (1).

After the update I could use the printer (1) which is connected to the Airport extreme (1). No problems. When I want to use printer (2) or (3) the little icon for printing (next to the clock in the status bar) comes, after a few seconds it disappears and a few seconds later one after the other printer disappears from the "printer and fax"-menu till it is empty, even the printer (1). I have to reboot Windows to have all printers back till using one of the printers (2 or 3) connected to the second Airport extreme (2).

I tried to reinstall the both printers - no luck.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion what to try?

At the moment I create a PDF-file in the VM, take it to OSX and print it from there. Hope that won't be the only way...

Christian

0 Kudos
0 Replies