VMware Communities
mtroutman
Contributor
Contributor

OS X 10.5.2 and Fusion 1.1.1 locks thumb drive, will not release to Mac

Thumb drive works great in Fusion under XP and Ubuntu, but will not appear in host OS any more, no matter what I try. I have tried everything in the forums:

• Under XP vm with thumb drive connected, safely remove hardware option, then disconnect using fusion USB control (blue icon)

• Repeat under ubuntu vm

• Turn off USB 2.0 support and turn off 'automatically connect USB devices' for each VM

• Exit Fusion and reboot

• Every combination of the above imaginable

After a clean reboot, without launching Fusion, the thumb drive is not recognized. It is not listed in Disk Utility, and no reference appears in console or dmesg. My only temporary workaround to access this thumbdrive now is to launch a vm to read it and copy the files. Very frustrating. Am I missing something? I am 100% sure Fusion is cauing the problem since the drive works under Fusion.

Help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mtroutman
Contributor
Contributor

As generally happens, I answered my own question after resorting to posting on it.

For anyone having a similar problem, application of the OS X 2008-002 security patch (or re-application) fixed the problem. Everything is working as expected now!

0 Kudos