VMware Communities
Gl3n3rgy
Contributor
Contributor

Non-Windows Generic OpenGL 1.4.0 Drivers

Hey,

I just recently purchased & installed Fusion 2.0 on my MacBook. I have some PC games that I wanted to play on the virtual PC. Knights of The old Republic is the main one. It installed just fine but when I try to run the actual game it just unexpectedly quits & I finally managed to get a system analysis of my virtual computer using the KoToR software & it says that I need Non-Windows Generic OpenGL 1.4.0 Drivers. How do I get these? Thank you very much!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
borisdusek
Expert
Expert

I just recently purchased & installed Fusion 2.0 on my MacBook. I have some PC games that I wanted to play on the virtual PC. Knights of The old Republic is the main one. It installed just fine but when I try to run the actual game it just unexpectedly quits & I finally managed to get a system analysis of my virtual computer using the KoToR software & it says that I need Non-Windows Generic OpenGL 1.4.0 Drivers. How do I get these? Thank you very much!

VMware Fusion accelerates only DirectX. OpenGL is not accelerated, so you are out of luck. And even to get DirectX acceleration, you would have to opt-in in virtual machine's settings - Fusion menubar > Virtual Machine > Settings > Display > enable acceleration checkbox.

Gl3n3rgy
Contributor
Contributor

damnit. alright thanks anyway.

0 Kudos