VMware Communities
efengle
Contributor
Contributor

No network devices on any VM after updating to version 12 Profession

I updated to Fusion 12 Professional from 11.5.6.  The Mac host is running Catalina 10.15.6.  All VMs show no network devices.  The VMs I run are run Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Windows 10.  Both use bridged networking via Ethernet with static IP assignments from the home router.

With Fusion v12 Professional, do you still have to edit the /Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/networking file to get the bridged networking working?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

That should not be necessary.

Can you try and see if rebooting your mac solves the problem?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
efengle
Contributor
Contributor

After a reboot.  The Ubuntu 20.04 VM has a good network connection using bridged networking via Ethernet.  The Windows 10 VM still has no network connection.

0 Kudos
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi efengle ,

Could you try disconnect and reconnect the network adapter of the Windows 10 VM? If it does not work, would you please try to remove and re-add the network adapter? Hope that could help.

0 Kudos
efengle
Contributor
Contributor

Removing the Network Adapter did the trick.  I added a new adapter with Bridged Networking via Ethernet using the existing MAC address used for static IP assignment.  All is well now.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos