VMware Communities
amilol
Contributor
Contributor

No bootable devices recognized.

I'm running vmware fusion 8.1 pro on non-apple hardware. And I am having serious trouble when trying to install a windows guest.

1. I choose 'Install windows or another os from a dvd or image file'
  2. Point out my .ISO (windows 7, I have also tried with a bootable USB-stick that holds windows 10 which is confirmed to be working as I have it setup for dual-boot at the moment)
  3. It starts, boots up and it fails to boot from any of my SATA drives (it then tries to boot from network) Ends with PXE-MOF exiting intel PXE ROM, No boot device is available

Now, this happened with parallels desktop aswell, basically the exact same setup process.

So something seems to be fundamentally wrong when trying to vitrualize anything on my computer. Any thoughts?

I have tried numerous guides, looked for advice on several forums and now ended up here in hopes that someone can point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome at the VMware communities forum.

Unfortunately Apple does not allow you to run a mac OS X on non-Apple branded hardware.

Since this violates Apple's EULA (and as such the VMware Community Terms of Use), any issues you have with trying to run Virtual Machines using VMware Fusion on that hardware cannot be discussed at this forum.

Hope you understand,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos