VMware Communities
jempey
Contributor
Contributor

No Keyboard with MacBook Pro 17" 2.4ghz

I just got a MacBook Pro and installed Fusion on it and I can't get any keyboard input to work on my VMs. I have tried existing ones as well as creating new ones and on all of them the keyboard doesn't do anything but make my speakers beep.

Anybody else seen this before?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jempey
Contributor
Contributor

I just fixed the problem. It seems my company VPN software was making it not work. Checkpoint Secure Remote needed to be shutdown and then the keyboard started working.

0 Kudos
jempey
Contributor
Contributor

Turn off or uninstall Checkpoint Secure Remote

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Hi jempey,

We've contacted Checkpoint about the incompatibility, and they've told us they're working on a fixed version.

quad4b
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is a 2.33 GHz MacBook Pro. I have had this problem as well but it appeared months after I first started using the XP VM - without any problems. The Checkpoint VPN-1 SecureClient software had been installed before the install of the first Fusion beta I installed. No problems. I have connected with the VPN many times without problem.

The problem first appeared 2 weeks ago (no keyboard input, beeps every time I press a key) and I was unable to get it working. After disabling the VPN client once and then successsfully starting the XP VM I have been able to work without disabling the CheckPoint client each time I start the VM. My CeckPoint client version is the R56 version, build 001.

jempey
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to find anything on checkpoints site about this problem in the support area. I also don't see it in your support area. Is the fix going to have to come from checkpoint? If so can you provide an incident number or some way of finding out the status on the fix? I am unable to run VMware Fusion and checkpoint at the same time which makes developing on my mac really difficult.

0 Kudos
gods-sky
Contributor
Contributor

I have just run into this on a Mac Book with Fusion 1.1 and CP Securemote NGX R56 Build 002 (on OS10.4.11). After opening a ticket with VMWare and basically getting a respones to see this thread, and "Checkpoint is working on it", I was a little dispointed that nothing has happened since October. As both a VM and CP reseller, I have chased this with CheckPoint, and they do have a version of Securemote that will be going through QA before long that should fix this issue. Once I have my hands on this, I will let this thread know what version it is, and a reference ticket number to try to obtain the file from CheckPoint.

Paul

0 Kudos