VMware Communities
Jam001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

New at this

Terribly sorry if this question have been asked before but i have a simple question

I have recently purchased the new MacAir (not too bad) and was installing the Windows XP quite successfully via the VMware fusion software. It worked like wonders then...after logging off the next day...i encountered problems. I am unable to load the XP at all...there was no warning...no indications what had went wrong. After clicking the "run" (see picture1) all i get is a blank...tried to change the setting to no avail.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Jam (newbie)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From the information posted in this Forum since the MacBook Air became available it is safe to say that there is an issue, and by now be considered a known issue, with the MacBook Air and the External CD/DVD Drive in that if the Drive is not present then one must either set the Virtual Machine's CD/DVD to Disconnected, or to an ISO Image or remove the CD/DVD from the Virtual Machine's Settings sheet and in doing so the Virtual Machine should be able to start without crashing!

Have a look at: VMware Fusion menu > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Configuring the CD/DVD Drive

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check , section "Major Known Issues with the MacBook Air" to see if it's your case.

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From the information posted in this Forum since the MacBook Air became available it is safe to say that there is an issue, and by now be considered a known issue, with the MacBook Air and the External CD/DVD Drive in that if the Drive is not present then one must either set the Virtual Machine's CD/DVD to Disconnected, or to an ISO Image or remove the CD/DVD from the Virtual Machine's Settings sheet and in doing so the Virtual Machine should be able to start without crashing!

Have a look at: VMware Fusion menu > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Configuring the CD/DVD Drive

0 Kudos
Jam001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks again guys, did exactly as you directed and worked like a charm!

Cheers!

Jam

0 Kudos