VMware Communities
bgoodz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

New Fusion 8.02 Upgrade Great / Win 10 upgrade install fails

Hello,

27" Mac early 2012 OSX 10.11.0 and recently upgraded to Fusion 8.02 and tried to upgrade Win 8 to Win 10 and the upgrade fails with a message that reads:

"Compatibility Issue:

This PC can't run Windows 10 here's why: VMware SVGA 3D

The display manufacture hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10.  Check with manufacture for support".

I unchecked the Accelerated 3D graphics selection in the Fusion display settings, shut down VM, restarted and tried the Win 10 upgrade again but still get the same failure message.  I thought I read about Fusion 8 was ready for Win 10 but I could be wrong.  Has anyone else had this situation ? or any suggestions for what I need to do to correct the Win 10 upgrade failure.

Thanks in advance for any corrective advice.

bg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

Please read the article here as it has the workaround:

http://www.mikeroysoft.com/windows-10-and-vmware-fusion/

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

Please read the article here as it has the workaround:

http://www.mikeroysoft.com/windows-10-and-vmware-fusion/

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
bgoodz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, thank you. Was just getting ready to post the correction that I found on the web. It was a posting by Michael Roy also.  I have corrected the upgrade failure from his article.  The one you posted is great also and with more illustrations.

Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 on Fusion but hitting the SVGA bug? Here's the simple workaround - V...

Thank you Will and thank you Mike Roy, problem solved.

0 Kudos