VMware Communities
BocaBoy
Contributor
Contributor

Networking question for EVDO

There is no driver from Verizon for using a Blackberry in tethered mode as a high speed modem. I use this feature all the time on my Dell laptop and have also installed the sw on the vm running under Fusion where it runs perfectly.

My question is, can I configure networking to allow the Macbook to take advantage of the EVDO connection I've created on the PC? I know I can share and bridge the host to the vm, but can I reverse that as well?

Thanks for the help!

Boca Boy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BocaBoy
Contributor
Contributor

I realized in rereading this post that I wasn't clear. There is no driver from Verizon for the Mac[/b] for EVDO in tethered mode. I installed the VZAccess sw on the vm where it works perfectly. I just want to know if there is a way to share that connection with the vm back to the host.

Sorry for being unclear in my first post!

Boca Boy

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Setup the guest for bridged networking. Setup ICS on the guest. Point the host to the guests IP for router and DNS. Using the bridged interface isn't really ideal. This would be better served by using the host-only network interface, but that doesn't seem to exist yet. You may need to disable checksum offloading on the bridged interface to get it working as the beta release notes say that causes a problem with communication between host and guest.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

This should work, as this is how I share my host's EVDO connection with my guest VMs.

0 Kudos