VMware Communities
tirmidi
Contributor
Contributor

Networking help needed

Something is terribly amiss with the networking between host and guest under XP2. I've been a happy Fusion user since the first beta, and have never had problems accessing the host file system from the guest. This has been true both under Bridged and NAT networking settings.

I have Windows Sharing enabled on the host side, and both host and guest are part of the same workgroup. Previously, I have had no problems mounting shared disks and directories as network drives in the guest.

I am not sure what has changed, but now I experience a very long delay in loading the guest GUI, with a 2 minute pause on the "Loading your personal settings..." screen. Morever, while I can see the host in Network Places under the Microsoft Windows Network folder, I cannot log in or connect to it. On the other hand, I can easily connect to the internet.

From the host side, I can see the VM, and can log in and mount a drive. But once again, I cannot access the content.

This is most bizarre, as I am not aware of changing anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tirmidi
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I've solved most of my problems. It appears that the addition of a wireless router to the network created an IP conflict. I removed the new router, rebooted the main router, and voila.

However, I am still getting a very long delay on the "Loading your peronsal settings..." screen, which I associate with some kind of network interrogation, and nature of which I no longer remember. So any help would still be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
tirmidi
Contributor
Contributor

All is now well. After sorting my LAN, boot time returned to normal and the network perforrms correctly. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

0 Kudos