VMware Communities
evanc11
Contributor
Contributor

Network

I can't connect my computer which is running MacOS to connect to the internet. My VM is running Linux. I tried bridging my VM but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your host MacOS can't connect to the internet? Your Linux VM OS can't connect to the internet? Both OSes can't connect to the internet?

What can they connect to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
evanc11
Contributor
Contributor

My host macOS can connect to the internet just fine. Just having problems with the VM Linux connecting to the internet. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What network connection does your Mac use? Assuming it's wifi, are there any controls on the access point which would stop multiple IP addresses or MAC addresses working on a single "port" / "session"?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
evanc11
Contributor
Contributor

I have no clue sorry could you walk me through to check this please. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You do know if your Mac is using a wired or wifi connection?

What switch or access point does it connect to? That's where there might be a port security configuration.

0 Kudos