VMware Communities
ststephen
Contributor
Contributor

Network configured between a Mac Mini running Windows 7 Pro natively in Boot Camp to an iMac running W7 Pro as a VM?

Both will be running OS 10.3. The iMac will Have Fusion 7 Pro. The Mac Mini will run a  data & image Server App, besides the Network App (to access the data & images on the server), and the WLAN'ed iMac will also run the Network App to access the data & images on the Server, (the Mini).  I've already configured both to connect to the internet on my office WLAN ( a Netgear router, into a Cable Modem). The mini found the WIFI easily. The Macs has always been on the WLAN.

The Mini is replacing a dead Dell, that was running Vista 32 bit, with these same Server, Network, and imaging apps for 4+ years, as was the iMac running the same Network App, to access the Servers data, under the same Vista, under Fusion 4. A simple network, that connected with a simple push of Fusion 4's "BRIDGED-AUTODETECT MODE" to connect to the dell. But, as the dell was dying, the iMac-Dell network slowed to a crawl, as things got corrupted in the Dell. Both also connected to a WLAN'ed Canon MG8120 printer.

I'd appreciate any help with the proper configuration of this Mini Windows PC to iMac Virtual Windows 7 Proconfiguration:  Network/Sharing/ Networked Printer setup/whatever else?  settings, as I have no experience with Windows 7, whatsoever., and now have a Boot camped Native Windows to deal with, in the Mini. Thanks so much for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mini2008
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Stephen,

Do you use Bridge mode in the Settings->Network Adapter of your VM?

Hope helpful~

0 Kudos