VMware Communities
sukpmp
Contributor
Contributor

Network Speed

Hi, I am running a Windows 11 Beta VM on a Mac. I'm seeing internet speeds of around 70mbps on the Mac but less than a tenth of that on the virtual machine. It is setup to share the connections. Any ideas what's going on?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. It's beta code.

2. What is the NIC type that Windows detects in the VM hardware?

3. How is Windows performing generally inside the VM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sukpmp
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, which page is that on?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I assume you mean Q2, that's in Windows, in Device Manager (assuming that's still in Windows 11)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
sukpmp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, The general performance isn't great to be honest, in fact maybe that's the underlying problem. Is it best to do a shared network or another option? What should performance be like, similar to how Windows would run on this machine?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is the compute resource spec of your Mac?

What is the compute resource spec of your VM?

0 Kudos
sukpmp
Contributor
Contributor

Machine - i5 8th Gen 16GB RAM Intel UHD Graphics 620 2048 MB

VM - 4 processor cores 8GB RAM

0 Kudos