VMware Communities
hajimehajime
Contributor
Contributor

Need help with sound and CD burning on converted Parallels VM

Hello,

I am having problems with sound and CD burning under Fusion 1.0 (51348). My SR MBP has 2G RAM. 725MB are automatically assigned to my VM by Fusion. I don't quite remember the version of Parallels from whch I converted as I deleted it already. I think it was v2.5. I am running Windows XP Professional

on the VM. I have uninstalled VMWare Tools and reinstalled again already but the

problems remain.

For sound, I went to Setting->Sound. It says "The system sound output and input devices are used. To change this setting, use the Sound System Preference pane." Note that the Connected box is unchecked.

When I clicked on it and chose Apply, it was automatically unchecked again. When I went to XP's control system and chose Sound and Audio, I found that there is no audio device. Anybody knows how to fix this problem?

As for burning CD, I tried B's Recorder Gold 8 v8.51. When I launched the application, a window on drive detection was opened. It says: (D:) NECVMWare VMware IDE CDR00 1.00 is not compatible. I read somewhere that I should change it from IDE to SCSI but don't know how. I tried to deleted it under system manager and did a new hardware scan. However, the NECVMWare VMware IDE CDR00 came back again. Then, I tried another method. When I inserted the blank CD, I chose burning CD under explorer.

However, writing error resulted. Anybody knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

When I clicked on it and chose Apply, it was

automatically unchecked again. When I went to XP's

control system and chose Sound and Audio, I found

that there is no audio device. Anybody knows how to

fix this problem?

Shut down the virtual machine. Under Settings, select the sound device and press the minus button in the lower left. Then press the plus button and choose to add a new Sound device.

Then, I tried

another method. When I inserted the blank CD, I chose

burning CD under explorer.

However, writing error resulted.

What was the exact error?

0 Kudos