VMware Communities
wombat2k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

NAT issue in Ubuntu 12.04 VM

For the second time, I'm having an issue with my Ubuntu 12.04 Server VM. NAT stopped working suddenly so I can no longer ssh into my vm. However, my vm happily connects to the outside world. Bridge network works as well.

I have 2 leads, although they might be red herrings:

• For the first time in a while, I ran a Windows VM. I believe this might have been the case before when the issue happened the first time. It's possible that the switching back and forth between the Linux and Windows VM had an impact somehow.
  • I updated the kernel in the vm and while troubleshooting the issue, noticed that vmtoolsd was not running. Re-installed the vmware tools, rebooted the vm and now vmtoolsd runs again, but still not dice accessing the VM.

Any ideas? I tried

kextstat | grep vmware

and

cat /Library/Preferences/VMware\ Fusion/networking

and these returned sensible responses.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wombat2k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This KB article solved my issues, although it is slightly incorrect in that my networking file was populated. I just followed the steps outlined in 2, had to reboot the VM and then it all suddenly kicked back into gear.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wombat2k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This KB article solved my issues, although it is slightly incorrect in that my networking file was populated. I just followed the steps outlined in 2, had to reboot the VM and then it all suddenly kicked back into gear.

0 Kudos