VMware Communities
tealove520
Contributor
Contributor

My win 7 directory suddenly lost.

I turned on my Mac and found that my win 7 dirctory in VMware Fusion is suddenly empty.

Cannot recover anything from it and could not even open my windows system. I have all my working files saved under windows directory so I am right now so desperate.

I do not care if I can recover the system, just wondering is there anyway that I can find my files under windows system? and How?

Really hope somebody could help cause otherwise I am gonna have to waste tons of time to redo all my works......: (

Thank you guys.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
avanish321
Expert
Expert

What do you see when you navigate to

~/Douments/Virtual Machines ?

Do you see any file named windows 7.vmwarevm or win 7.vmwarevm ?

If you do then try opening it.

If you do not see any files under VMware Fusion directory under finder then look for the file in the Trash.

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Just an FYI...  The .vmwarevm extension is by default hidden and from my experience most Users do not select the "Show all filename extensions" under Advanced Finder Preferences.  So suggesting to look for a file with a .vmwarevm extension without mentioning it's hidden by default may tend to be more confusing then helpful.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

To help figure out what is what, the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information is to use the "Collect Support Information" command from the VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Collect Support Information and then attach the .tgz file it created on your Desktop to a reply post.

Note: Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button!

0 Kudos