VMware Communities
bbbbbbbbbbbb
Contributor
Contributor

My cursor doesnt move in windows xp sp2 pro.

So I just have a Mac OSX 10.5 and the latest version of the Fusion. Everything is fine except the cursor just stay in the middle. The keyboard also doesnt work. I cant do anything ..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

We need more information to be able to help. See .

0 Kudos
Bonny
Contributor
Contributor

I also encounter this problem this morning, I use Apple Wireless Mouse for my MacBook. Blocked in login window of Windows XP, I found I cannot move cursor and also cannot use the keyboard, so I have to shut down that VM. What happened? How to resolve it?...

0 Kudos
Bonny
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved the wireless mouse recognition problem by turning off Bluetooth in Leopard and turning on Bluetooth device in VM. But one big follow-up problem is that I cannot type anything in Password field of XP login window. It seems the keyboard doesn't work at all.

BTW, my MacBook at above problem has 3 Windows partitions (the first 3 partitions from the top down in Disk Utility) and 3 Mac partitions. I install Windows XP in the 3rd partition. And it can start and run normally via Boot Camp.

Actually, when VMware Fusion prepared that XP partition for VM, it said that it might not start Windows XP in Boot Camp partition, then that problem appeared after starting VM for Boot Camp partition.

In addition, my MacBook in office has 1 Windows partition with XP installed (the 3rd partition from the top down in Disk Utility) and 3 Mac partitions, but this XP install works well with VMware Fusion.

So is the problem caused by additional Windows partitions?

0 Kudos