VMware Communities
alyanm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiplicity, port 30564, how to use?

Hi, I'm pretty new to VMWare Fusion, I just upgraded to v2..3 which is working nicely. I have my Windows XP SP3 running in bootcamp and under Fusion. I would like to get my Multiplicity running so I can control my other Windows computers using the Mac as primary computer. My Multicplicity wants to talk to the other comptuers on my network through port 30564 and it is unable to connect. I'm guessing that VMWare Fusion is blocking that port, is there a way to open it up?

Thanks,

Alan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure that Fusion does not block ports. What's probably going on is that (by default) your virtual machine uses NAT networking. Try Bridged (note the guest needs a new IP address, restarting the guest will work if you're not sure how to do this).

See also

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure that Fusion does not block ports. What's probably going on is that (by default) your virtual machine uses NAT networking. Try Bridged (note the guest needs a new IP address, restarting the guest will work if you're not sure how to do this).

See also

0 Kudos
alyanm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, that did the trick... in fact that speeds up my whole :smileycool: WIndows internet interface dramatically!!

0 Kudos