VMware Communities
Chris_Commname
Contributor
Contributor

Moving files between Mac and virtual PC via VMWare Fusion

I'm sure this is a common discussion topic addressed by newbies so please accept my apologies for bringing it up but a cursory glance at the forum topics didn't show me what I needed.

OK.  I have a Mac and use VMWare Fusion 4.1.3 to run Windows 7 as I am at the mercy of a Windows only Oracle CRM and need to log my every move in this thing including e-mails via Microsoft Outlook.  So I live in my Mac but all e-mails and attachments happen on a virtual Windows 7 machine.  I often drag files back and forth between operating systems but sometimes when I drag a file (PDF, etc.) from my Mac to the virtual Windows 7 desktop, the file won't "stick" on the PC side.  Any way around this or is there a condition causing the files not to go from one desktop to the other.  I'm sure I need to provide tons more detail or there might be a quick Bootcamp type fix that I don't know about.  Is there a VWWare folder where I can put files that I want to use both worlds?  Thanks.  If someone can forward me to a previous discussion somewhere that would even be helpful.

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos