VMware Communities
thrubovc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse selects portion of screen randomly

I have the following setup: Macbook with an external monitor, where the VM is displayed, alongside Mac OS on the laptop screen. My VMWare Fusion is running Windows 10.

During the day, I switch between the host OS and the guest OS often, and this has worked flawlessly under Mojave and VMWare 11.1.1.

However, after upgrading to Catalina, I also upgraded VMWare to 11.15.0, and under this setup, the following happens:

when moving the mouse pointer from the host to the guest OS, I click somewhere within Windows to activate the VMWare desktop and my mouse often times selects a large portion of the screen. If If I click within putty, it selects a large portion of text. If I click on the desktop, sometimes some icons are selected or even dragged around.

Has anyone got a similar problem?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

You are not alone, see for example:

Windows jumping about when re-fousing on Fusion 11.5

Btw, not sure what kind of mouse you are using, but I also seem to remember reading that switching to another mouse resolved some of these problems.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
thrubovc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll read through that thread too. I'm using Logitech MX Master. I prefer not to replace that mouse, but I suppose I might be able to try out a Lenovo usb cable mouse at work.

0 Kudos