VMware Communities
aussie9
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse problems in AutoCAD 2011

I switched to a trail version of Fusion 3.1 because AutoDesk recommended it for running AutoCAD 2011. However, after installing it andAutoCAD 2011 I found that the mouse was 10 times slower within the actual drawing area compared to the mouse running over menu bars an task bars or anywhere else out side of AUTOCAD. I have tried several mouse an many adjustments to the mouse pointer speeds to no avail.

Any ideas because I am stuck with an almost unusable copy of AutoCAD 2011?

I wonder if VMWare and AutoDESK tried it on real Mac's before making the recommendation?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you in Full Screen mode, Windowed mode, or Unity?

Also, what hardware are you using? (Mac model, graphics card, OS version and screen resolution if you're using an external display)

Try this:

Click from the Menu Bar > VMware Fusion > Preferences

Beside 'Gaming' switch this to 'never optimize for games'

If the issue persists, I'll want to get some information from AutoCAD.

Please run a '3DCONFIG' from the AutoCAD command prompt and let us know the settings there.

Thanks 😃

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
aussie9
Contributor
Contributor

I sent AutoDesk an email yesterday saying the the problem fixed it self. Everything is okay at the moment. Thanks for following up.

Michael Wallwork

Alternate Street Design, P.A.

(904) 710-2150

0 Kudos
aussie9
Contributor
Contributor

I fixed my problem by changing to parallels as I got little support from you.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

aussie9 wrote:

I fixed my problem by changing to parallels as I got little support from you.

Interesting...  since it appears that this thread was responded to fairly quickly... by a VMware employee, nonetheless...  asking for additional information to help troubleshoot.  And your response to that request was "I sent an email to AutoDesk saying the problem has resolved itself".  No further mentions of a problem, or any other questions for help.  What kind of support would you expect??

0 Kudos