VMware Communities
Mainstay
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse performance in AutoCAD

Wondering if anyone else has run into a problem with the AutoCAD crosshairs leaving artifacts when working in the drawing window (happens in all three view modes). I'm using AutoCAD LT 2000i which runs perfectly in Fusion Beta 4, except for the cursor leaving this nasty trail everywhere it goes. It's not a performance issue so much as an annoyance when working on something for an extended period of time.

I'm running a fresh install of OSX 10.4.10 and Fusion build 49528 with Windows XP, on a MacBook Pro 2.?? w/ 2 GB ram & 256MB video.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you get a screenshot of this? If you force a redraw (say by moving another guest window over it, then switching back to AutoCAD), do the trails go away? Do you see this in any other app?

0 Kudos
Mainstay
Contributor
Contributor

Here it is... first post locked up when trying to attach the screenshot.

To answer your question... yes, redraw does make the trails disappear. What I've noticed is that anything that takes focus off the application window or forces a redraw (moving the crosshairs back over the artifacts, zooming, "REDRAW", "REGEN", dialogs, etc) will clear the artifacts (the one exception is manually releasing the mouse to OSX which does not force a redraw). Another element to this is that it only occurs when moving the cursor LEFT and UP. Down and right do not cause this problem.

Oh... and no, I've not seen this in any other app.

0 Kudos
Mainstay
Contributor
Contributor

So thought I'd see what'd happen if I ran AutoCAD in boot camp, and so far it's worked without issue. No artifacts when running at native speeds. So, just to double check, I also ran the boot camp instance under Fusion... and sure enough, the artifacts are present.

0 Kudos
David_M3
Contributor
Contributor

I have been test driving Fusion and ran into this same problem using AutoCAD LT 2000i. Anyone found a solution to this? One interesting note is that I have not seen the cursor trail issue when running AutoCAD using Parallels.

0 Kudos
mjankor
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't had this problem running Acad 2007. I'm using Direct3d on, Vmware tools are installed. However, my VM is a converted Parallels image so that may have an impact.

0 Kudos
David_M3
Contributor
Contributor

I installed an older version (AutoCAD LT 2000) and it also has the same cursor trail problem. I don't have the newest version of AutoCAD LT so I can't check it. So, I have seen the cursor trail issue with two versions, AutoCAD LT 2000 and AutoCAD LT 2000i. Could it be graphics card dependent? I am running on a 20" iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with ATI Radeon X1600 graphics.

0 Kudos
berdinkerdickle
Contributor
Contributor

Just thought I would resurrect this thread.

I have the cursor trails with Acad2002 and a converted parallels VM.

0 Kudos
domcm
Contributor
Contributor

Just want to let everyone know that the mouse artifacts issue has been fixed in Fusion 2.0. At least I do not see any issues running AutoCAD 2000i now. Thanks to Vmware for fixing this!

0 Kudos