VMware Communities
davmp
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse movement limitations when full screen causing problems with Synergy

I use the open-source software called 'Synergy' to act as a virtual KVM across multiple physical machines. Basically, it allows transmitting mouse and keyboard actions through the network to other machines. It does this in a pretty seamless manner by allowing you to just roll the mouse off the edge of one screen and onto the next (the keyboard input goes to the screen where the mouse is.)

Anyway, when I have a VM guest window full-screened, Synergy fails to detect that the mouse is at the limit of the screen and I can't roll to the next machine's screen as normal. I've noticed that VMWare is doing some nice things that allow you to roll the mouse outside of the guest window (when not full screened) in order to break the capture of the mouse and keyboard within the guest and give the control back to the host. Is there some way things could be 'fixed' so that moving to the edge of the screen in full screen mode also passed control back to the host OS rather than just assuming the mouse can't do anything? I think that would allow synergy to realize that it could roll on to the next machine.

I'm thinking it should be pretty easy to reproduce this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DannyD
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Davmp. We are aware of the issue and it is being addressed. Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos