VMware Communities
oaklodge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse cursor sticks at edge of screen

I'm not sure where to point the finger - Apple or VMWare ... after upgrading to Monterey on my Mac Host machine and installing VMWare 12.2.1 (also 12.2.2) I get the following issue

In a Windows 10 guest .. suddenly the mouse has become very sluggish or jittery. Also when I try to move the mouse out of the guest .. the cursor sticks on the edge until I have moved the cursor a significant distance ... before mouse was supper responsive in guest and transitioned easily between guest and host.

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Did you customize the mouse pointer?

There's a Monterey issue with that which might have an impact on Fusion as well.

See:
https://eclecticlight.co/2021/11/15/montereys-memory-leak-and-how-to-avoid-it/

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
oaklodge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse pointers  not customized.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Is your VM at the latest virtual hardware?

How many vCPU's did you assing to the guest?

Did you upgrade VMware Tools to the latest version?

Does it help if you disable 3D acceleration for the display?

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
oaklodge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good questions - thanks - this is an Intel machine.

1) Latest VMWare tools - (tried reinstalling too)

2) Tried disabling 3D graphics

3) Hardware version 19

4) 4 vCPUs and 16GB memory (mac has 64 GB memory)

Also tried to downgrade VMWare back to 12.1 (changing the hardware back to 18 and installing the correct version of VMWare tools) ... but maybe I need to do more to downgrade VMWare hardware...

I'm struggling to pinpoint when this started, certainly within the last month.

The biggest thing I notice is moving the pointer out of the guest machine - when the pointer really sticks until it suddenly makes a big jump back to the host.

0 Kudos