VMware Communities
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

Mountain Lion in Unity Mode cycles through screens

I am using Mountain Lion (Latest version)

I have VMWare Fusion

4.1.3 (730298)

When I go Unity Mode

Start up Visual Studio 2010

Start up a second copy of Visual Studio 2010

Drag the second copy over to a second mission control area,

The Mac starts cycling between the two screen areas that have Visual Studio on them

This configuration fully worked on Lion and has only started doing this since I installed Mountain Lion

Is this a known bug? If so when will it be fixed?

Taylor

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

I did the install of the technical preview.

The behavior is the exact same unfortunately

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

Does any VMWare representative monitor these forums?

I am looking for support on this issue

0 Kudos
Blahdiblah
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue with Unity mode running XP ever since installing Mountain Lion (never happened in Lion). It seems to occur with any open program in two different spaces (even including windows explorer).

Not sure how often they monitor these forums- you'd be better off submitting a request. I've had great trouble drawing attention to an issue before.

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

I tried submitting an issue but was directed to here. Is there a way to do that without buying a support incident?

0 Kudos
Blahdiblah
Contributor
Contributor

I can't remember how I did it, but I think I eventually sent something via a feedback form on the vmware website suggesting that they needed to look at their forums.

Reporting issues is VERY poorly done by vmware, in my opinion. It's very difficult to work out how to do it from the info available on the site. You shouldn't have to pay to report flaws in their software since it's doing them a favour too in stopping people moving to their competitors.

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

Still no answer from VMWare. Is someone listening?

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Did you post the issue in the tech preview forum?  That's where the dev's are working on issues (this is a user to user forum).

There's a number of threads there with known display issues, so it might be addressed in one of those too.

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

I would love to use the appropriate forum.

Unfortunately, a click on the forums link above takes you to the community area.

A search of tech preview forum takes you to the community forum.

Please direct me to the correct location because it is unclear how one gets to it

Taylor

0 Kudos
Blahdiblah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure this is just a user to user forum. As previously mentioned, a dev eventually responded to the issue I reported on these forums, but it took a long time and a lot of work. VMWare really need to have an easier method of reporting flaws in their software. One direct link with a 'technical feedback' or 'error reporting' link on their home page would at least give customers the impression they care...

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Read the TOS - VMWare makes no guarentee of support through this forum.  Submitting a ticket is the only official way.

Yes, the Dev's do occassionally monitor this forum, but right now they're spending much more time over in the tech preview area.

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

I know you are trying to be helpful. You did finally give me the approproate forum to use.

Some feedback.

It would be helpful to make the forum you mentioned more prominently obvious.

You might have mentioned this forum earlier.

There should be a non monitary way of submitting a bug or issue

Taylor

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Fusion comes with 18 months of complimentary email support (try clicking the Fusion FAQ link on the front page of this community).

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

Ok,

then why am I not able to send a request if it is so easy to do?

0 Kudos