VMware Communities
cagz
Contributor
Contributor

Monterey and Fusion 12.2.3 boot camp issues

Trying to setup a boot camp VM for the first time.

Boot camp is setup correctly, boots up fine if I use the option key.

It also works fine with Parallels so I am assuming the Windows itself is fine.

When I try to create boot camp VM I get the error: The Boot Camp volume is not prepared to run as a virtual machine. It appears that Windows did not shut down cleanly the last time it was used.

I followed VMware recommendation (changing startup disk to Windows from macOS and reverse) several times and I am quite sure it is actually shutdown correctly.

Log file is attached.

According to this fusion finds the correct drive and windows directories, but then fails.

I tried all other older recommendations in these forums, not sure what I can do next.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try deleting the bootcamp VM from the Fusion Library and re-'run' it.

This doesn't delete your BC partition itself, just the VMware 'stubs' that point to it... Deleting and re-creating them should force a re-read of the partition table and set it up properly.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
cagz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response.

Tried it many times. Including deleting Boot Camp folder and related plists before trying again. The same issue even with a fresh setup I am afraid.

0 Kudos
Nusi1
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this issue with the same version numbers and same OS. Were you able to solve this issue?

I am currently booting into window whenever i need it. 

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Was boot camp created with the Apple boot camp wizard?

And the OP was using both Fusion and Parallels - I strongly suspect that might be part of the issue.  Use one or the other.

0 Kudos