VMware Communities
whompem40
Contributor
Contributor

Monterey Guest Support

When I upgrade a Big Sur guest to Monterey, the video doesn't render properly. Looking to see if anyone has any insight as to when Monterey will have official support as a guest or if there is a workaround to the video rendering issue. Screenshot attached showing the issue. Slack should be showing the home page with a login button. Only the background is rendered (and it is not locked up, if I start clicking randomly I eventually get the button

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 9.36.16 AM.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

So two things - first, did you manually update vmware tools in the guest?  sometimes they don't auto-update.

Second, if slack requires 3d acceleration, then it simply won't work because there's no 3d support for MacOS guests.  The experimental support (AFAIK) doesn't work on Monterey

0 Kudos
JamesKing75
Contributor
Contributor

I have Similar Problem. 

So i upgraded a clients machine today from 10.12 to Monterey. They had a Guest Account that had some customisations saved (Background Picture, Restricted Website Access List, Dock with only certain apps, certain app access etc etc)

After the upgrade, the Guest Account no longer has these options, and parental controls is now gone.

I cant seem to find the way to apply these customisations again on Monterey, has anyone else been able to do this at all?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

That sounds like a MacOS change, nothing to do with Fusion.

0 Kudos