VMware Communities
DKeim
Contributor
Contributor

Monitor resolution keeps resetting by itself

I am running Fusion 3.1.2 on a Mac Pro 10.6.6 with 32 GB of ram and three monitors attached to two ATI HD 5770 cards.  Two of the monitors are Dell 23 inch.  One is DELL P2310H which is connected to the first ATI card and a second 23inch ST2310 and one ASUS 24 inch MK241 attached to the second ATI card.

These all want to run in 1920 x 1200 @60 Hz.

I have a mix of clients, XP Pro, Windows 7, Red Hat Linux and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise.  They all seem to be running ok except for the 2003 Server.  My problem is that due to Program restrictions, I need to run the 2003 Server at 1400 x 900.  However, once in a while (sometimes when screen and power saver kick in), the client will reset itself to 1900 x 1200.  The only thing that I have to do is go into setttings and set it back to 1400 x 900 so no harm done, but it is a pesky thing to have to keep on doing.

Is there anyway to set this and have it stay that way?

By the way, I recently got (for Christmas) an iPad which I will use with AirDisplay as a fourth monitor.  When I turn on/off AirDisplay, it ALWAYS resets the 2003 screen to 1900 x 1200.

Any help would be apprecitated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jimsy1
Contributor
Contributor

i seem to have a lot of mac issues on win7 vmware player, because i have the same annoying issue with the resolution now...

and even if i use the autofit function, the resolution just stretches to whatever size fits on the screen, but where is the option to keep a preset resolution permanently?

0 Kudos
jimsy1
Contributor
Contributor

dunno if fusion has any same settings as the player, but i was able to fix my issue with removing the resolution option in the player options (before launching the VM)

Re: Resolution keeps reseting itself

0 Kudos