VMware Communities
whispercom
Contributor
Contributor

Missing hal.dll

I had a permissions problema and had to do arestore from time machine. When I went to start VMware windoes would not start because it was missing hal.dll and asked for a new copy. How do I copy hal.dll to the systame 32 directory when I can't see that directory on the mac (snow leopard).

Thanks for any help I can get!

Nick

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This site may help you out, it has many suggestions on how to reolve this issue.

Missing Or Corrupt Hal.dll Error Resolution

If it is just a matter of replacing the hal.dll you could possibly mount the disk with VMDKmounter and replace it. To mount the disk with VMDKmounter right click on the vmwarevm bundle and select open with VMDKmounter.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If it is just a matter of replacing the hal.dll you could possibly mount the disk with VMDKmounter and replace it. To mount the disk with VMDKmounter right click on the vmwarevm bundle and select open with VMDKmounter.

Mac OS X natively only supports reading NTFS Volumes so if the Guest's Filesystem is NTFS then mounting with VMDKMounter alone will not be sufficient to resolve the issue and will also require having NTFS-3G for Mac OS X, or similar, installed in order to write to the NTFS Volume.

0 Kudos