VMware Communities
b2TUMAzDq
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Missing NETWORK icon under fusion 5.0.3 prefs screen..

Does anyone have an idea why I am missing the NETWORK icon under vmware fusion 5.0.3 preferences screen? No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall, it won't come back. Never seen this problem before. Even downloaded the image from vmware site to make sure my copy wasn't corrupted. See attached screenshot to see what i'm talking about. I have also done the repair permissions and verify disk. The one thing I do, is run my account as standard user, but used admin creds to install fusion when asked. I have checked on the same machine, as pure admin and it still doesn't show the icon. I've followed the proper uninstall method also advised by vmware also.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Coach300
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try going directly there from the Virtual Machine menu. In full screen, likely you would be able to access your menubar by holding your mouse pointer at the top of the screen.

You can make a selection from that sub-menu, or open the settings pane for Network with the last (highlighted) submenu item.

If this doesn't appear, try restalling VMWare Tools (same menu).

Network Adaptor Submenu.png

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

telegix wrote: Does anyone have an idea why I am missing the NETWORK icon under vmware fusion 5.0.3 preferences screen?

Without a VMware Professional License Key the Network is not available in VMware Fusion Preferences.  Are you using a VMware Professional License Key?  What does it say if you click VMware Fusion (menu) > About VMware Fusion? 

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Coach300 wrote: Try going directly there from the Virtual Machine menu.

Going directly from the Virtual Machine menu cannot and does not access Network of VMware Fusion Preferences which is what telegix is trying to access, not the Network Adapters Settings of a given Virtual Machine.

0 Kudos
Coach300
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

He mentions that it is "missing", which led me to believe that he had previous access to it. I was unaware of the Pro requirement for such access, which I do have.

0 Kudos
b2TUMAzDq
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Ok the problem was indeed the licence. Our company started with one licence which didn't have this limitation. Now, they decided to add pro version of vmware fusion and the new licence we got didn't have the pro features anymore. Its a little lame to do this in the middle of a release like this.

0 Kudos