VMware Communities
joeynumbaz
Contributor
Contributor

Migrating PC to Mac - 2 HDD, same computer

I'm trying to migrate my PC into my Mac using Fusion 3 . . . but both hard drives (PC and Mac are on separate physical disks) are in the same computer.

The migration assistant says that both the PC and the Mac need to be powered on and on the same network.

Is it possible to do this by having the PC do whatever it needs to do, and then accessing the file(s) created from the Mac (since the Mac can see the Windows drives)?

Thanks for any help. I tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

To help figure out what is what the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information is to use the "Collect Support Information" command from the VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Collect Support Information and then attach the .tgz file it created on your Desktop to a reply post.

joeynumbaz
Contributor
Contributor

File attached. Thanks!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

The Boot ROM and several of the loaded kernel extensions along with some other flags gives the appearance that this is a Hackintosh and as such due to both the Apple SLA for OS X and the VMware Community Terms of Use surrounding illicit activities, I will not be providing help with this issue.

Boot ROM Version: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com

es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot
org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement
org.netkas.FakeSMC

0 Kudos