VMware Communities
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Microsoft USB Intellimouse works for right-click

If anyone needs a hardware workaround for not being able to right-click in Fusion on a MacBook Pro, I can recommend the Microsoft Intellimouse. I can these at garage sales around here for $5.

Is the right-click problem with the Apple Mighty mouse a HID device problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

In our testing, the Mighty Mouse worked fine for right clicking. It's not easy to do (you have to lean on the right side of the mouse), but it does work.

In addition, the MacBook Pro can do right clicking via the two-finger click on the trackpad if Tools are installed in the VM.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

>In our testing, the Mighty Mouse worked fine for right clicking. It's not easy to do (you have to lean on the right side of the mouse), but it does work.

Ah, this is good to know. I have a Mighty Mouse that I use at work and this is part of the 'training' of using said mouse. Smiley Happy

So the release notes are actually describing the right-click behavior of Control-[i]left[/i]-click here?

>[b]The Apple Mighty Mouse does not execute a right-click when you Control-click.[/b]

>The Apple Mighty Mouse must have the secondary button enabled to execute a right-click. To enable the secondary button in an Apple Mighty Mouse, make the appropriate setting on your host machine in System Preferences.app > Keyboard & Mouse.

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

That's correct. The processing of Control-click as a right mouse click is done at a very high level of the OS, higher than our keyboard and mouse event processing.

In addition, Control-click is actually used pretty often in Windows to select multiple items, so if we didn't pass that through as-is to the guest, you couldn't easily select multiple items.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Here's hoping for two-button hegemony.

0 Kudos